Saturday, July 10, 2010

Marandah

I cannot believe that in less than 24 hours, we'll be on our way to Bolivia! The week has been so insane between the packing, the freaking out, and the waiting that I almost forgot why I was going in the first place. I first decided to participate in this adventure when I learned how much we get to be with the Bolivian people, as well as in the clinic. I really want to become a doctor, and am very interested in the medical side of our trip, but how we can connect it to the people is the best part. Aside from the amazing community service part of the trip, I think it will also help me become more comfortable with being someplace completely new. In my life, I know I will go many foreign places, and I want to know that I can feel like I'm at home anywhere I go. While in Bolivia, I hope to observe what Bolivian youth do to stay healthy, and what they do to get better.

Well, I am so excited to leave.... Hasta Manana!


-Marandah

2 comments:

  1. couldn't be prouder. xx mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. thrilled to be able to come along. let that heart of your's shine!
    xo

    ReplyDelete